Sunday 22 October 2017

Frocktober 2017

Warning! This post is going to contain a lots of frock pictures. But on the plus side, many of them won't have me in them.

Yes, once again it's that Frocktober time of year, and I'm using this blog to promote the annual fundraiser by the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation here in Australia.

Here's what they say:

Ovarian cancer is an insidious disease, often known as a “silent-killer” as symptoms are vague and often strike without warning. Unlike many other cancers there is no early detection test. Consequently ovarian cancer is often diagnosed in its late stages and only 20%-30% of women will survive beyond five years of diagnosis. In comparison, survival rates increase to 80-100% when ovarian cancer is detected and treated early.

The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation is Australia’s pre-eminent ovarian cancer research body. Our goal is to raise ovarian cancer awareness and vital funds for the development of an early detection test that will save women’s lives.

We receive no government funding and rely on the support of our community and business supporters to assist in driving our research forward.


The classic way to raise funds is to wear a dress every day in October. As I've said before, this isn't very practical for me, or for many other (regardless of gender). But this year my daughter decided to wear formal or cosplay outfits to her university classes on as many days as she could. So this year she gets top-billing in my annual Frocktober post. She has a page set up for donations, and I'd love for you to go there now and make a small (or not so small) contribution. Thank you. Here it is:

Maya's Frocktober Page


Now enjoy the pictures.










I think she still has a couple of outfits left in her for this coming week as well.

Maya gets top billing, but Mrs Kobold and I haven't been idle as well. A couple of weeks ago we headed out to the Southern Highlands (with Maya) looking awesome together:






Then today we went back to Goulburn because Catherine wanted to visit a second-hand book emporium there, and I wanted to go to the war memorial.


This is Goulburn's War Memorial. I blogged about it a few years ago.


And this is me browsing the Argyle Book Emporium.


I picked up a few goodies.


And this is just me.


As I say, Maya is probably good for a few more outfits, and I may have one more outing left in me this month as well, but I think this post has quite enough Frocktobering in it to convince you to donate. So here's that link again:

Maya - Frocktober 2017

4 comments:

  1. Rocking the Frocks Captain K and family! Maya would brighten any University classroom with those cosplay outfits. Sadly none of my students have taken up this trend. of course it could be that October weather on the Canadian Prairies isn't really frock friendly!
    Cheers
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess for you it would be April, but the name doesn't work so well then :)

      Delete
  2. Wish I could rock a frock like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maya would claim that she can rock any from better than I. Some of the ones she's wearing are actually mine (one of which has appeared on this blog before, if you can find it :) )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...