Pages

Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Boardgames

I realise it's been a bit quiet here the past week or so. Part of this is that I didn't get a game organised last Thursday, so there was no club game to report. The other part is that I haven't had any regular toy soldiers out at home for a while. But I have been gaming.

Last week Mrs Kobold and I broke out Battle Cry. We played the First Bull Run scenario through a couple of times, swapping sides after the first like you're supposed to. 


The Confederates won both times, but I did better than the Union than Catherine did, so I won overall. 


At the end of the week I found an interesting-looking Memoir '44 scenario for Kasserine. The Germans have to attack US positions through some fairly difficult terrain, but the US defences are fragmented, so if the Germans pick their targets carefully they can pull of a win. I played it twice and the Germans won both times. The first time was a convincing win thanks to two Armour Assault cards coming up  just as all of their tanks were in good positions. The second win was more of a slog, and the Americans came within a medal of winning, so a much closer game. 


And this weekend Catherine and I started another Flamme Rouge tour. This time we're doing the nine stages of the 2026 Tour de France Femmes. 


In fact we started on the same day they did. 


I'm playing red, Catherine is Blue, and we have two bot teams playing Black and White. 


We played the first two stages. I won the first race and picked up second place as well. Catherine didn't place, although we all got a good time.


The second stage. Aloy moved in to help. 


There were some tough sequences of climbs in this one and it split things up a bit at some points. 


Best I could manage in this stage was second place, whilst Catherine came first and third. Again, our times were exceptionally good.


So after two stages I'm ahead on Tour Points, but our overall times are equal. Still everything to play for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment